Saturday 8 February 2014

New Correspondent Child! :)

When I checked OurCompassion this morning (forum/website where Compassion sponsors from all over the world can connect and share :)) there was a new little face on my profile page - my new correspondent child! :D 


Introducing Salimu! :D 


















He's 11 years old and lives in Tanzania with his parents and he enjoys:
  • Group games
  • Soccer/Football
  • Bicycling
  • Running
  • Reading
  • Art/Drawing
  • Singing
  • Listening to music
  • Other ball games
  • Story telling
I'm excited to get to know him and share the love of Jesus with him! :) Another cool thing about my correspondent children is that they're on my Compassion US account (that I have for my US correspondent children, my hubby and I also have a NZ account for our sponsor kids :)) and since I have a US account I can use their online letter writing tool which has lots of awesome backgrounds you can choose from for your letter and you can attach up to three photos! :)

If you want to become a correspondent sponsor and change a child's life through writing letters (the correspondent sponsor doesn't pay the sponsorship money, that's provided by their financial sponsor) then you can sign up through your country office or the US office or both! :) 

2 comments :

  1. I have just begun sponsoring a sweet little girl in Guatemala and found your blog through the Compassion Blog. In your post, you mention a forum for sponsors called OurCompassion; how can I be a part of that group? Is there a link you could post to join the forum?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for your comment :). It'd be awesome if you wanted to join OurCompassion, it's a great place to connect with sponsors around the world, get ideas, ask questions and you get to see your adorable sponsored child's picture on your profile page. :)
    The web address is www.ourcompassion.com and you just need to use the same details as you use for your Compassion International account (if you are in a country that doesn't have online accounts just e-mail christy @ CJanssen@us.ci.org with your name and sponsor number).
    If you like, send me a friend request when you get on OurCompassion :).
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :) I'd love to hear from you! :)